DCFR Activities Amid COVID-19
Our number one priority is maintaining the safety and health of our members. The DCFR board is taking an iterative approach to resuming runs and walks in a safe manner. The DCFR board is amending its COVID-19 guidance effective November 25, 2020.
Walks will continue on Saturday mornings and runs will continue on Tuesday evenings. All members must RSVP in advance. Emails will be sent out to dues paying members every Monday at 8 a.m. with information on how to RSVP for that week’s run and walk. If you are not a DCFR members, please considering joining here.
Activities will be capped at 15 RSVPs. If you RSVP and then are unable to attend, please cancel your RSVP to free up a space. The RSVP system does include a wait list.
By attending, you will assume risks and waive, release, and hold harmless the DCFR from all claims relating to COVID-19 arising out of attending runs, walks, and other club activities. Members who are in a risk category or have underlying health issues should carefully consider their decision to attend runs and walks.
To participate, you must:
- REGISTER IN ADVANCE TO JOIN OUR GROUP RUNS AND WALKS
- wear a mask before and after runs and walks, and when members are unable to be six feet apart
- follow social distance guidelines, including maintaining six feet between you and other members
- depart gathering location once run or walk is complete
We are not providing bag check/watching at this time.
As part of reopening, the DCFR conducted a survey of members in September 2020. Highlights include:
- 105 total responses, and 96% of those from participating were dues paying members.
- 51% of respondents indicated they would participate in an in-person run or walk, and 31% indicated maybe.
- 65%+ of respondents indicated they would fill out a reservation form.
- More than half indicated they were comfortable with runs sizes up to 25 people.
The DCFR board revised its COVID-19 policy as a result of the increase in COVID-19 cases in the DC area and to align with DC Government’s revised guidance. The DCFR board will continue to monitor the situation and notify the community through the DCFR website, social media platforms, and email of any changes to policy. We appreciate everyone’s cooperation and understanding.
VIRTUAL RACE CIRCUIT
ANNOUNCING: DC Front Runners Virtual Race Circuit
We are proud to announce that the DC Front Runners now has a Virtual Race Circuit, which is open immediately to all members through August 31! What is a virtual race circuit? Details are available on our website. Learn more and get started right away!
If you have any questions, you can contact Norman or Jeremy at email@example.com.